Monday, September 27, 2010

List: September is the Month...

1. ...when blog post seedlings, normally regularly tended to and watered, instead sprout, and then dry up due to neglect.

2. ...when "sleeping in" till 7:00 all summer makes waking up at 5:30 hurt real bad.

3. ...when summer and fall converge, and the simultaneous holding-onto-summer and cringing-at-the-onslaught-of-fall causes us whiplash as well as over scheduling. Because (waaaaah) we still want to sail and swim and ride the roller coaster after school, but we've got homework and soccer practice and meetings cramping our style.

4. ...when I forget to pay the bills. We are also happen to be refinancing our house, which means I am forgetting to sign important financial documents.

5. ...when I lose touch with friends. And with my husband. And with my keys, my cell phone, and my mind.

6. ...when I begin longing for cooler weather, shorter days, and Halloween decorations in neighbors' yards.

7. ...when the sight of Christmas decorations stresses me out.

8. ...when I spend Friday nights at the football field.

9. ...when I run for exercise less, and run ragged more.

10. ...when I "try to remember the kind of September/When life was slow and oh, so mellow"?

Yeah, I think I can't remember that.

No comments: