Thursday, January 14, 2010

This and That

Goodness! Not much to report from The Land of Back to School and Work. And I don't know where to begin with Haiti. Our daughter's school had a disaster drill the very day of Haiti's devastating earthquake and we talked at the dinner table about safety before I heard the news. Hold close your safe and sound loved ones.

So I offer comparatively inconsequential nuggets, about as exciting as the chicken variety:

Our First Grader has gotten a kick out of calling us "Woman" and "Mister" lately. "Woman! Tell me my next spelling word!" Smirk. "Woman, Mister said he would put me to bed." "Woman! WOOOOOOOOMAN! Can you hear me?"

Yes, dear.

It's taken us a while, but scientific investigation of crusty abandoned vittles reveals that our cat does not prefer the "Mixed Grill" cans in the cat food variety pack. Classic Pate, though, goes down nicely. Which reminds me of Beezus Quimby's cat, Picky-picky.

More on food: We think it's cute that the First Grader looks forward each week to Chicken Patty Sandwich day at school. With peaches and chocolate milk. Public Schools, please don't take her chocolate milk away!

Finally, from the Vice Principal front, I think American Idol's sexagenarian hopeful Larry Platt expressed how I often feel appraising our youth:



Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments: