Monday, November 14, 2011

We Belong...We Belong, We Belong Together

Here's how I entertain myself in a minivan with three girls in the back rehearsing a Taylor Swift song:

Girls: "She wears short skirts; I wear tee shirts...she's cheer captain and I'm in the bleachers..."

Me: "I just don't understand why she wears shark shirts. Why not a dolphin shirt?"

Big Sis: "SHORT skirts, Mom! Short SKIRTS. C'mon, let's keep going."

Girls: "Dreaming 'bout the day when you wake up and find that what you're lookin' for has been here the whole tiiiiiime...If you could see that I'm the one who understands you, been here all along so why can't you seeheeheeeeeeee you belong to meheeheeeee...you belong to me."

Me: "I think it's 'Why can't your sleeves belong to me'."

Big Sis: "No, it's not. It's 'WHY CAN'T YOU SEE YOU BELONG WITH ME'."

Me: "But maybe she really likes his sleeves."

Big Sis: "Pfft. Let's do it over again, and everyone remember their solos."

Girls: "She wears short skirts; I wear tee shirts...(la la la)...why can't you seeheeheeeeeeee you belong to meheeheeeee...you belong to me."

Me: "Maybe it's 'Why can't you sneeze'?"

Big Sis to Girls: "She's just joking. Let's start from the top."

Girls: "She wears short skirts; I wear tee shirts...(la la la)...why can't you seeheeheeeeeeee you belong to meheeheeeee...you belong to me."

Me (parking): "I know what. It's '...your belongings are with me', like, don't worry, they're not in the Lost & Found."

Big Sis: Sighs of exasperation.

Little Sis: Giggling. "Or, Mom, it could be '...your artichokes belong with me...'"

No comments: