Friday, November 30, 2012

If You Can't Write Something Nice...

I challenged myself to write for my blog every day in November, and phew! Today is November 30.

I'm glad it's not my job to write every single day, because sometimes, I got nothing.  And then writing is a stretch and posting feels a little like a sham.  Despite a few days of inspiration deprivation, I spared you accounts of dog diarrhea, my aching knee, and ever-accumulating grey hairs.

I don't want writing to be a chore.  My blog generally springs organically from seeds of inspiration that nag at me until I plant their roots at the keyboard.  It feels good to be compelled to write in that way.  On the other the hand, this month I experienced every day with one eye on what I could riff on, and I found myself noticing things I might not have otherwise.  I'm hoping I'll take my eye for more ideas into December as I take my foot of the gas.

Good night!

No comments: