Monday, November 10, 2008

A Year of Blah Blah Blogging

It's been a year since my first freakin' post on this blog.

During the last twelve months, I began(and contemplated) my third year as a High School Vice Principal. I watched one woman run for Democratic Presidential Nominee and another woman vie for Vice President, confirming that leadership can be a bitch.

I did a fair amount of freaking out. I wondered what the heck I was doing. I pondered the possibility of a third child, while some people thought I was already pregnant.

My fits were only upstaged by my daughters' tantrums, over walking around the block, over Polly Pockets, over medication, over math, and over suppositories (okay, fair enough). There were enough of these episodes for us to fear that our neighbors might call the police.

Our youngest daughter conquered the pacifier and a fungus and demonstrated she likes to say butts; she cannot lie. Actually, yes she can. So can her elder sister, but at least our kindergartener found her conscience, and also God.

Thankfully, our firstborn's kidney issues were resolved, after inaptly named procedures and surgery.

We welcomed frogs and chickens into our home but certainly not the ants and bees.

We were saddened by personal, political and global events.

But all in all, it has been a year of rather simple pleasures and good times. We went skiing in California mountains and hiking in Colorado , in the company of great friends. We chased pigs at the County Fair. I bought myself some snazzy kicks, paid my annual homage to the Indigo Girls, whirled with my girls at a Drum Circle, was inspired by students and my husband, and wrote some limericks.

I've got a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to.

Happy New (blog)Year! Here's to 2009.

No comments: